Dreher Island State Park
Located in Newberry County, SC.
3677 State Park Road
Prosperity, SC 29127
Official web site for Dreher Island State Park
This park on Lake Murray, once known as the “Dreher Island State Recreation Area”, is actually made up of three islands linked to the mainland by a causeway and two bridges. Twelve miles of shoreline offer opportunities for boating, fishing, hiking, and camping. This part of the lake is very attractive and peaceful, because it is not as heavily developed as the parts closer to Columbia.
Features and Facilities
Hours of Operation
Admission or Parking Fee
- Children and Youth (ages 0 - 15), Free
- Adults, $2.00
- South Carolina senior citizens, $1.25
- $16.00-$26.00 per campsite per night
- Villas, $105.00-$206.00 per night
- The recreation building rents for $121.00-$151.00 per day, and it is great for group gatherings up to 75 people. Numerous picnic shelters, which will accommodate up to 30 people, may be reserved for $52.00-$82.00 per day. Click here for more information, or call 1-866-345-PARK.
How to Get There
Latitude 34.09111, Longitude -81.4125
View Larger Map