Huntington Beach State Park
Located in Georgetown County, SC.
16148 Ocean Highway
Murrells Inlet, SC 29576
Huntington Beach State Park web site
One of the most popular of the state parks, Huntington Beach is the site of “Atalaya”, the historic winter home of Archer and Anna Hyatt Huntington. The long stretch of beach and the lagoon provide plenty recreational opportunities. Many fascinating hiking trails can be found here as well, including a wonderful nature trail near the north end of the beach. A section of the East Coast Greenway runs through this park. A variety of wildlife can be seen here at different times of the year.
Click here to see more pictures of this state park.
Features and Facilities
- Yes, but not in Atalaya or on the north end of the beach
Hours of Operation
- Standard time:
- Daylight savings time:
Admission or Parking Fee
- Children (ages 0 - 5), Free
- Youth (ages 6 - 15), $3.00
- Adults, $5.00
- South Carolina senior citizens, $3.25
- $17.00-$47.00 per campsite per night
- Picnic shelters, $25.00-$32.00 per day
- Atalaya admission, $2.00
- Atalaya audio tour, $4.00
- Three picnic shelters are available for family or other group gatherings. Each shelter may be reserved for $26.00-39.00 per day. Call 866-345-PARK to make reservations.
How to Get There
Latitude 33.51361, Longitude -79.07246
View Larger Map